Things that make me happy!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Angelic cabbie

This past weekend I was in Fort McMurray, visiting my hubby who is working 24 days straight. It was nice. I got to spend days with my sis, and evenings with Ryan. And I got to spend Ryan's birthday with him!

One morning I was waiting outside for my sister to come and pick me up. As I was standing there, a loose dog came up to me. Now, I'm not afraid of dogs at all, so I put out my hand for him to sniff. I wasn't worried - until he started barking and growling at me! So I figured I would just move along, but when I tried to take a step, he took a step, growling and barking all the more. So I panicked! I've heard too many stories about people getting mauled by dogs - needing hundreds of stitches, and new noses grown on their foreheads! I stood still and started bawling. I didn't know what to do! So I prayed. And lo and behold, a cab came down the street. I flagged him down and hopped in before he came to a full stop! The driver was so nice! He let me sit in his cab for a few minutes until I calmed down and stopped shaking and the dog wandered off. I am convinced that that cabdriver was an angel sent by God.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwww....how scary!! I'd have been terrified, too!

Graziela said...

That cabbie WAS an sent for you! I felt so bad for you when I read about it. How horrible!

Do you think you where more afraid because you're pregnant? It's amazing how things change when you have a little one to protect. :)

Miss you guys! Love you!!!!

P.S I'm enjoying the blog :)

Thank you!

Sharon said...

I don't know if I was MORE afraid because I'm pregnant - I would have been terrified either way! But the thought did cross my mind that at least if it did attack me, it would probably only get my arms, face, etc, and not rip open my belly! Whew!